Covid-19 Update The Prince Rupert Rod and Gun Club General Meetings are cancelled until further notice. December 8th meeting: Cancelled…Read More
Rod and Gun Club
Prince Rupert Rod and Gun club’s current location was established around 1952. The building was constructed by donated material and volunteer labour in 1957. The Rod and Gun club grounds encompassed the current location, as well as Oliver Lake for many years. The club executives during that time introduced fish into the lake for youth fishing.
A survey conducted of Oliver Lake revealed that stocking fish for reproduction and a sustainable renewable resource for the club wasn’t possible as the average depth of the muddy bottomed lake was 5ft and the water flow wasn’t conducive for egg laying and hatching. The restocking program was then abandoned.